Idle chatter

Sunday, January 07, 2007

So I've decided...

I really don't like my job. It's filling the gap right now, but I have got to do something that's a little more fulfilling. And maybe garners respect. I have all the respect in the world for receptionist/secretaries, but I didn't go to college and bust my butt for this. I'd really like to get back to teaching--I get so worried that I've painted myself into a corner, career-wise. I'm very envious of my husband because he know exactly what he wants to do. I don't have a clue. I say teaching because it's where I felt I was doing the most good. I don't say that to sound kitschy and altruistic. I felt like I was doing myself some good too, exercising my brain and whatnot. And when I was in the midst, it didn't fee like work. And it was dynamic, with ups and downs, and each day a little different from the last. Not much dynamics to answering phones. It's just not fulfilling for me, and there still the $ issue. I still got 10 years of student loans to pay off. I just can't figure this town out--I'm a good catch! I've never had this kind of trouble finding a good job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home