Idle chatter

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Home is where my salon is...

I've just been through a hair fiasco. One of the most stressful things about moving to a new place is having to replace all of the little everyday errands. For me this included finding a new hair salon. It had to be a half-decent one, since I recently became a redhead. Last week, I went to this salon in a very trendy neighborhood in my town, and got my hair dyed bright freaking orange. I knew I didn't like it as soon as I saw it, but the hairstylist kept gushing about how great it looked with my complexion. The truth was I was willing to give it a chance. And then I dealt with the look on everyone's faces when I walked into a room. The obligatory, "Wow, it's really...red!" So a few days later I called the salon back and said it wasn't working out. To their credit, they colored it again free of charge, but I had to go to a pretty dark brown to balance the orange-ness of the original color. So I'm a brunette now. Go figure. I'm not sure if I like the place or not. I was hoping for something a little fancier for the price I paid. But the stress of finding yet another salon. I think I'll just slowly go back to my natural color and just worry about cuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home