Idle chatter

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dropped a boxcutter on my big toe yesterday...

and it was awesome! I really thought I was getting stiches. But once it stopped bleeding, it wasn't as bad as it initially looked. I've been very ADD lately, starting one project and moving to another before I finish the first. So I must have left the boxcutter on the table when I was working on my lamp (don't get too caught up in the details) and when I went to pick something up from the table, the blade fell. Let me tell you how badly I wanted to scream profanities (especially one beginning with F!) but I did not. I am learning that I do not need certain words, they are superfluous. And they just make me sound cheap and uneducated. Not that the f-bomb is a word I use frequently, but I would like to never use it. Being a teacher for the last few years, it never ceased to disgust me when I would overhear students f-ing away. I would ask them, "Do you have any idea how crass and unintelligent you sound?" Usually they did not know what those words meant, answering my question before I even finished it, but I'm trying to prove a point. This young generation sounds a lot stupider than they are, and I hope they learn that before they try to market themselves half-naked and spewing obscenities in the real world. How did I get here from a bleeding big toe? See, now you know how my mind works. Scary, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home