Idle chatter

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just a place to vent

It's amazing how careful you have to be on these things...I mean anyone who wants can figure out just about anything about you with a quick google. Come on, who hasn't googled a blind date or an ex lately? I know I have!! But now it seems employers are checking out blogs and myspace pages, and that's pretty scary. So I'm thinking, if I'm gonna post something for the whole world to see, it better be pretty idle stuff. I don't need my life on display. That said, now to the actual blogging...

Just moved to SC with my husband. He has a job (and he's going back to school). I do not. I have applied at umpteen different places and it's hard to keep them all straight. I'm wondering how long I will have to wait until I get desperate enough to apply at the mall. I hope it does not come to that. It's 100 degrees today and I don't even want to step outside. My dog took me for a walk after lunch today and it was miserable. Everytime I find a job I want to apply for, I have to drive 10 minutes to Staples to print stuff b/c we don't have a printer. Not the ideal situation. So, in my boredom, and in my lack of friends, since we moved away from everyone I know, I have resorted to looking up old friends online. Not that any of these people should feel like sloppy seconds. On the contrary, it has been awesome reconnecting with people. I just wish more of my friends were more internet-savvy so I could get in touch with them (Stac, Joni, if you're reading this, I mean you). So, if you are one of these friends, and you want to get in touch with me, I'd rather you check out my MySpace page, because I'm not putting any identifying info on this page (one site is enough). Its www.myspace.com/rach107

What I am actually thinking about doing on this page is entertaining my internal fiction-writer. I used to love to write. I guess I still do, although I read more these days. Being a former middle-school teacher, I've read a lot of young adult fiction lately (can you say Harry Potter?), but I would love to get writing again. Yes, maybe that's what I will do......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home